Fee: $3,000.00 (New)
Validity Period: 3 years
1. A valid private diver's licence for car
2. Two years driving experience
4. Filled application form from the Certifying Office approved by the Traffic Head Quarters, Eve Leary
6. Valid identification- Passport or National ID
7. Formal request for a hire car licence addressed to the Senior Manager, LRO
- The applicant must submit all documents to the Officer.
- The applicant will be directed to the lodgment area while his/her documents are being processed.
- The applicant will be issued with a lodgment slip stating the return date (this slip must be kept safely).
- Upon the return date, the applicant must present the previously issued lodgment slip to the Cashier to make the required payment of $3,000.00 and uplift the licence.
- The applicant will further be directed to the dispatch desk to follow the final necessary procedures and uplift his/her new hire car driver's licence.
NOTE: Drivers applying for a Hire Car Licence for any period NOT EXCEEDING seven days will be required to pay G$2,000
An individual must have their private driver's licence enforced before they can renew their hire car driver's licence.