The Guyana Revenue Authority is inviting applications from persons interested in becoming Licenced Customhouse Brokers. The applicant must fulfill the following requirements in accordance with Section 204 B of the Customs Regulations, made under Section 275 of the Customs Act, Chapter 82:01:
- Be a Citizen of Guyana, but not an Officer or Employee of the Government of Guyana or the Guyana Revenue Authority (GRA);
- Be eighteen (18) years of age and older; and
- Be of good character.
Interested persons must:
- Pay a registration fee of thirty-five thousand dollars ($35,000.00) and an application fee of five thousand dollars ($5,000.00) to the GRA’s Finance Division, located at 200 – 201 Camp Street, Georgetown, and obtain receipts; and
- Submit payment receipt, a valid Police Clearance, Taxpayers Identification Number Certificate, National Identification Card and a written application, addressed to the Commissioner – General, Guyana Revenue Authority, 200 – 201, Camp Street, Georgetown
- The closing date for application is Friday August 24, 2018
- Training will commence on Monday September 24, 2018 at the Guyana Revenue Authority’s Training Facility, located at the Guyana Post Office Corporation, Robb Street, Georgetown, from 09:00 hours to 12:00 hours, Mondays to Fridays, for approximately seven (7) weeks.
For additional information, contact us on 227-6060 extension 2612.