The Guyana Revenue Authority wishes to advise the general public the granting of tax exemptions and the registration of the following motor-vehicles in the ‘G’ series will discontinue from July 1, 2019:
- Toyota Noah (Model # ARZ60)
- Toyota Voxy (Model # ARZ60)
- Toyota Liteace (Model # (KR52)
- Toyota Grand Hiace (Model # ACH)
- Toyota Alphard (Model # MNH)
- Toyota Regius (Model # RCH)
- Nissan Serana (Model # TC)
- Any other car (since the list is not an exhausted one)
Previously persons were allowed to modify and register these vehicles in “G” for goods transportation purposes. In doing so they were able to qualify for tax exemptions under the Excise Tax Act. Enforcement checks have however revealed that these vehicles are not being used for the purposes intended.
Therefore, as of July 1, 2019 applications to the Tax Exemptions Processing and Verification Unit for vehicles registered in “G” will be denied.
Applications already submitted for processing within the Division will be processed but must be fully completed prior to July 1, 2019. Thereafter, those vehicles still being in transit, processed or not having fully completed their release or registration must be retrieved and reprocessed thereby paying all the requisite Customs Duties and Taxes.